mikaela takes schladming!

mikaela takes schladming!

Postby dougtee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:40 pm

what a thrilling second run. it seemed impossible, no idea how she found that much time at the end. one mistake from vlhova and it was nailbiting time and petra simply couldnt replicate mikaelas last dozen or so gates
dougtee

Re: mikaela takes schladming!

Postby jbotti » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:57 pm

47th Slalom win surpassing Stenmark. Pretty unreal. Have not watched it yet. I will enjoy watching this one! This is what great ski racing should be like when top racers are evenly matched. Shiffrin brought the best out of Liensberger and Vhlova. Now they are returning the favor.

Having said this, its a shame what has happened to Liensberger this year. She is clearly a different skier. Her set up has looked off. Clearly not skiing well.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby gozoogle » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:59 pm

I worry for Shiffrin at the upcoming Olympics… attempting to do all disciplines again is going to take a huge toll. Hoping there is no weather/scheduling difficulties like last time.
gozoogle

Postby dougtee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 am

i share that concern, but having the weight of breaking the record lifted hopefully clears up some mental space for her
dougtee

Postby jbotti » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm

BTW, for those that haven't watched the second run from Schladming, you are in for a treat. This course chewed up and spit out many of the best racers in the world. Shiffrin made a totally rutted up course look smooth, almost like it was a clean course. By far one of her best runs ever.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby dougtee » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:48 am

truly yell at your tv / active participation type of stuff. magic.
dougtee

Postby gozoogle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:33 am

The journey back to her form of 2019 after the death of her dad has understandably been difficult. But I’m loving her progress this year despite setbacks and staying mentally strong. The rivalry with Petra right now is great drama.
gozoogle

Return to Racing