Finally!!

Finally!!

Postby jbotti » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:16 pm

She leaves as one of the great champions of the sport. Thank God she saw the light!!

American Lindsey Vonn, who is the winningest women’s ski racer in history, announced on Friday that the races at World Championships in Are, Sweden, next month will be her last.

The 34-year-old Vonn has 82 World Cup victories to her name and was poised to make a run at Swedish great Ingemar Stenmark’s all-time World Cup wins record of 86 before a pre-season training crash in Colorado sidelined her for the beginning of the season. Vonn returned to the World Cup in mid-January in Cortina, Italy, and finished in 15th and ninth in the two downhills and did not finish the super-G. After the super-G, Vonn expressed to the media that continuing to race might be in jeopardy given the condition of her knee and the pain she was still experiencing.

“It’s been an emotional 2 weeks making the hardest decision of my life, but I have accepted that I cannot continue ski racing,” Vonn wrote in a post on social media. “I will compete at the World Championships in Downhill and SG next week in Åre, Sweden and they will be the final races of my career.”
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Finally!!

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 am

Wouldn't it be amazing if she had a knee replacement and raced with it!
h.harb

Postby Obrules15 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:19 am

h.harb wrote:Wouldn't it be amazing if she had a knee replacement and raced with it!

I was wondering about that. I guess I though bionic knees would be disallowed as performance enhancing devices.
Obrules15

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:47 pm

She is starting the Dh, not a good idea!
h.harb

Postby B.Mulligan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 am

It was a pretty scary moment when she hit the deck last night.

Joking aside, I'm staring down possible knee replacements, at 49, could someone beer league race on them?
B.Mulligan

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:10 am

Yes, it's not the racing, it's the number of runs you need in training.
h.harb

Return to Racing