Shiffrin not so nice in GS at Killington.

Shiffrin not so nice in GS at Killington.

Postby h.harb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Today, I finally had time to catch up with the Killington GS. That was not PMTS skiing my Mikaela. No tipping, she was pushing the ski to an edge and stiff outside leg. Come on guys, the US Ski Team is GOING TO RUIN, even one of the most talented skiers in the world!!!! Remember, it, I called it here! And putting her in speed events at this juncture, is not only stupid, it flat out insane and could be career ending. She is not a speed skier! Her attitude isn't right she even shows apprehension in GS. So for now it's ridicules.

Hirscher won three overall world cups, before they started preparing him for speed. The US Ski Team is flat out stupid!
h.harb

Re: Shiffrin not so nice in GS at Killington.

Postby h.harb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm

You didn't see the Austrians trying to make Marlis Schild, Zettle or Hosp run downhill when they were 20 years old???????!!!!!! OK, Hosp did do some speed later in her career but that's about it.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:19 pm

I was shocked she entered the race. Luckily it was Lake Louise which any decent racer can find their way down. But there are many downhills with some serious terrain and some huge air. Its makes no sense for her to be taking risks like this when she can win 6-8 technical races each year. This is just stupid!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby DougD » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:56 am

Thank you, Harald, for having the sense to denounce this unnecessary and dangerous shift in Shiffrin's program.

The racer whose record everyone wants to beat, Stenmark, was smart enough to understand what kind of skier he was... and also what kind of skier he wasn't. He focused on becoming the best Stenmark he could be. He never tried to become the next Klammer.

As you've stated many times, Shiffrin still needs to improve her SL skiing. Her boots aren't right and, while she wins SL due to a lack of real competition, she can't ski her best until that's fixed. This puts her at increased injury risk even at SL speeds... never mind DH.

The USSA coaches don't see this, else they'd have fixed it. An inadequate understanding of their skiers' body mechanics undermines sound coaching decisions. Not knowing any better, they're trying to make Shiffrin the next Vonn. What they should be doing is trying to make Shiffrin the next... Shiffrin.
DougD

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 am

Well stated Doug!
h.harb

Return to Racing