Kitzbühel slalom

Re: Kitzbühel slalom

Postby gaku » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 am

jbotti wrote:I just watched it. HK's second run was truly amazing and pure magic. He is actually ahead of Hirscher in wins and podiums at the same age with an amazing 9 wins and 19 podiums before his 22nd birthday. This will be one of the great rivalries of all time!

Ahead of Tomba as well. Only Stenmark had more by the same age.

Some interesting quotes from FIS pre-race interviews:

Among them, slalom ranking leader Henrik Kristoffersen, who was only 12th after the first run due to two big mistakes. In the second run, the Norwegian laid down an aggressive run and made up enough time to win his first Hahnenkamm slalom.

“I think this is one of the best second runs I've ever done in my entire life. That was insane,” said Kristoffersen. “I'm the first one to win Adelboden, Wengen and Kitzbuehel in the same season, and this is really unbelievable for me. This is really cool!"

Only +0.03 behind, Austria’s superstar Marcel Hirscher was close to beat Kristoffersen. Nevertheless, the 4x overall world cup winner is happy about his performance.

"Being part of the podium here in Kitzbuehel is always a really great feeling,” said Hirscher. ”For sure, my first reaction was, 'ahh, come on! Once again, this little kid from Norway!' I am really impressed with his skiing and he reminds me of the years when I was on the top of my game. I think Henrik is in the place where he can win seven, eight, nine slalom races this season."
gaku

Re: Kitzbühel slalom

Postby Louis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:19 am

It was a really interesting slalom. I noticed how one of Harald's statements was again confirmed: Because of the very icy conditions all Rossi skiers had huge issues, Kristoffersen's first run included. The setup does just not fit with hard conditions. ...
I also saw some skiers who were skiing in an AFrame part times, and I was wondering, if I see someone skiing Aframed, how do I know it is because of his setup or because of his poor technique e.g. inside foot management?
Louis

Previous

Return to Racing