Astounding Slalom in Val d'Isere!

Astounding Slalom in Val d'Isere!

Postby Eiszapfen » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:01 am

I was surprised by the first run. When Kristoffersen started, it looked like an okay run, but turned out to be the best.
You have to admit though, the others had problems with aggressive poles chasing after them.
Eiszapfen

Re: Astounding Slalom in Val d'Isere!

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Hirscher did look tired in the first run, sluggish. If he keeps up his Super g, his slalom will suffer and might even affect his GS. No one can win in three events these days, especially since slalom is so different and takes a completely different approach. He must have had a Red Bull for the second run. He crushed the 2nd run, moved up 7 places.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Kristofferson skied great as did Hirscher on the second run. Its also worth watching the Slovenian girl Vhlova who won at Are today. She skied great, pure PMTS, super CA and CB the whole way down. This is only the second time I remember seeing here. Very impressive skiing.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:51 am

There is a reason why Hirscher was slow in the first run. I'll put up the photos and explanation on my Blog later this week. He totally changed his boots the second run and was a different skier winning the run by 0.6.
Christofferson was very solid both runs on difficult conditions.
h.harb

Return to Racing