Grange is Pure PMTS

Grange is Pure PMTS

Postby jbotti » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:56 pm

I watched the WC Men's slalom from the Worlds again last night. Grange's second run is one for the ages. In almost zero visibility with fresh snow over ice he absolutely slayed this run and it is unclear if even Marcel Hirscher would have caught him (held on actually as he had the lead) had he not straddled a gate and skied out. His stance is almost as narrow as Stefano Gross. All the essentials are perfectly in place with CB and CA almost Hirscher like. (He also lifts and tips in many transitions). It will be a joy to see him back to skiing his best (as it has been years).

The men's slalom field is absolutely stacked with 5-6 guys that are capable of winning in every race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAVFotHZJ8
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Grange is Pure PMTS

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:31 pm

He was perfect. I always liked Grange's skiing before he got injured. He also had a hard time getting on with those Fisher boots, but they figured them out for him.
h.harb

Re: Grange is Pure PMTS

Postby DougD » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:47 am

Thanks for posting this JBotti. This is my first time seeing this, since I was busy during the Worlds helping my partner enjoy the Green/Blue camp.

What a beautiful run. So much to see and enjoy, from those who've learned what to look for.
DougD

Return to Racing