Stefano Gross at Adelboden

Re: Stefano Gross at Adelboden

Postby theorist » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:04 am

I hear some WC racers are testing faster with the new race-stock Dalbello DRS World Cups than their old boots. Plus the WC should serve as a testbed to enable Dalbello further refine their performance.

A retail version of the DRS World Cup is now available (http://www.epicski.com/t/129869/dalbell ... -line-2015 -- the thread has some nice pics.) But I'm curious whether there's a direct relationship between the race boots we buy at retail (which I assume is what Harald reviews) and those supplied to the WC racers. I.e., other than flex, do they behave the same? The answer used to be "not necessarily" -- e.g., I lucked into some race-stock Rossi Course KX's in 1998 and noticed that, while cosmetically similar to the retail model, they're of a different construction. Are things different today? For instance, when you buy a Raptor B2 RD, are you getting the same boot (except perhaps for flex and liner) that the Head WC skiers use, or do their Raptors come off a different production line with different molds, etc.? Or perhaps they each have boots custom-made from the ground-up for their particular needs -- don't know if it's true, but I recall reading that Atomic has made several different shells for Hirscher.
theorist

Previous

Return to Racing