zagreb

zagreb

Postby gaku » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:14 am

With such good snow conditions (more even course from start to finish), and the steepness the racers face in zagreb, the differences in technique becomes glaringly obvious. Not surprisingly, Shiffrin delivers a monster run. I'm also really surprised by Nina Løseth's first run-- I thought she would struggle on this hill.
gaku

Re: zagreb

Postby gaku » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:57 am

Speechless! Close to a 3 second gap between 1st and 3rd. Two magical runs by Shiffrin (especially the second part of the last run, imo). Unlucky for Strachova, who seems to be back to old strengths. On a slight side note, I'm curious what you think about Løseth's technical execution in the two runs, pmts-wise?
gaku

Postby h.harb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 am

I writing an article about this race and the Shiff boot changes as well as the really poor performance by Rossingnol skiers, due to the set up and equipment. Atomic has the most aggressive alignment set up of all the companies. Rossingnol has the weakest set up. Shiff's set up was too aggressive in the early part of the season. They changed it in time. There are some key things to look for, which have to do with the boot set up the techniques used by the different skiers. I'll get into this part in more detail in my article which I'll post on my Blog.
h.harb

Postby gaku » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:37 am

h.harb wrote:I writing an article about this race and the Shiff boot changes as well as the really poor performance by Rossingnol skiers, due to the set up and equipment. Atomic has the most aggressive alignment set up of all the companies. Rossingnol has the weakest set up. Shiff's set up was too aggressive in the early part of the season. They changed it in time. There are some key things to look for, which have to do with the boot set up the techniques used by the different skiers. I'll get into this part in more detail in my article which I'll post on my Blog.

Do you know If the boot setup is what Kristoffersen has struggled with this season? During interviews he voices his frustration at not figuring out what his problem is -- and seems even more perplexed because he during preseason felt in the best shape of his life on and off snow. Can't wait for the article, always insightful.
gaku

Postby h.harb » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 am

Yes, especially his right leg, I thought they fixed it last summer when I saw his videos, but that snow was soft. You can see the difference especially on hard, slick ice. Another thing, the women's field in slalom has no depth. If Zettel can still be top 3, she has been skiing injured for a long time. Zettel won her first race at 17. Since Marles Schild retired, there is only one real slalom skier, (when her boots are right) and that is Schiff. Sarka is improving but everyone is far out on the times. All you have to do is watch the shin angles as the skiers tip into the turn, when the inside ski stops tipping and there is a "A" frame, it means the tail of the ski was lost. All the Rossingnol skiers have this problem also many of the Head skiers..
h.harb

Return to Racing