How far ahead of PSIA do we get before they realize

How far ahead of PSIA do we get before they realize

Postby h.harb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 am

If we look at every criticism of PMTS from the "Epic" crowd and PSIA has made. They have proven themselves wrong every time, starting from when I wrote "Anyone can be an Expert Skier 1"

They advocate a wide stance, wrong. They advocate extension, wrong. They are against, one ski lifting, basically the Phantom Move, wrong. Outside ski knee drive edging, wrong. Squaring up or skiing square , wrong.

It goes on and on, and the top skiers have proven them wrong on all counts. Now they are ruining a generation of skiers by being involved with USSA, telling coaches how to train and teach young racers. The sad part is that many coaches across the nation have told me personally, "it is ridiculous to use PSIA methods for racing," but no one speaks up. All you have to do is look at the product PSIA produces, it tells the whole story. And why does USSA not see this. Because the place is a mess, that's why.
h.harb

Re: How far ahead of PSIA do we get before they realize

Postby h.harb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 am

I wrote this before I saw the results at Levi, I have still not seen them. I am going to watch the race now, 7:52 in Colorado, but I think Henrick Kristoffersen will give everyone a run for the money this winter in slalom, and be a podium guy in GS, look out Marcel here comes a young guy who can ski.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:19 am

Well, I just watched the race, 9:15am now, and low and behold my prediction came true. The commentary as usual is totally moronic. Hirscher wasn't out skied as Lewis said, he lost a few hundreds near the bottom of the steeps, but made time at the top on the flats, without the arm swinging. This arm swinging thing Lewis and Porino are making a big deal about won't work at Kitz or in Wengen. I hate it when they do that because in the US the last thing our kids need is this arm swinging action to improve their skiing.
h.harb

Postby 4ster » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:55 pm

h.harb wrote: This arm swinging thing Lewis and Porino are making a big deal about won't work at Kitz or in Wengen. I hate it when they do that because in the US the last thing our kids need is this arm swinging action to improve their skiing.

:lol:

I have had my eye on Henrik for awhile too. So young, yet so consistent. At least for me, he is a great one to watch!

Here is from some summer training (apologize if this has been posted):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=USSTdg7Fq_Q
4ster

Return to Racing