Shiffrin on Skiing drills

Shiffrin on Skiing drills

Postby skijim13 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 am

Check out this link LTE tipping to make the stance ski turn, http://www.dartfish.tv/Presenter.aspx?C ... AAAA%3d%3d
skijim13

Re: Shiffrin on Skiing drills

Postby HeluvaSkier » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:23 pm

The new USSA Skills Quest truly is a quest because they really haven't published any worthwhile materials that would lead athletes to actually developing any kind of skills. It is too bad really because the progressions could be much more solidified and aimed at actually developing athletes.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby skijim13 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 am

I agree not very good skiing for someone at her level, just think how much better she could be with even better coaching.
skijim13

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:25 am

skijim13 wrote:I agree not very good skiing for someone at her level, just think how much better she could be with even better coaching.

With someone at her level you could say "Mikaela, ski turns like ______." Chances are you'll get a pretty good demo of what you're looking for after two or three tries. It is unclear if she was getting poor direction, or no direction. It doesn't take away fromt he fact that she is a great skier, more just makes USSA look foolish for not actually defining anything they are teaching.

HeluvaSkier

Postby Max_501 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 am

skijim13 wrote:I agree not very good skiing for someone at her level, just think how much better she could be with even better coaching.

Shiffrin has had excellent coaching which is evident from her racing. We can't ascertain any useful information about her training program from the skillsquest stuff.
Max_501

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Max_501 wrote:Shiffrin has had excellent coaching which is evident from her racing. We can't ascertain any useful information about her training program from the skillsquest stuff.

Exactly, this is just another case of the USSA trying to hang their hat on the success of an athlete that came from outside of the organization. They don't create any information, but once an athlete succeeds in spite of the USSCA, they are happy to take all of the credit.

HeluvaSkier

Postby BigE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:15 am

I don't know why we're busting her chops, when a drill shows her "basics" are to be balanced on the outside ski.
BigE

Return to Racing