My comments on a Facebook post about learning from WC skiers

My comments on a Facebook post about learning from WC skiers

Postby h.harb » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:24 pm

My comments and posts on my blog, for years have been about how many or most of the top skiers don't understand the way they ski. They use feel or sensations to describe their skiing, yet it's their own feeling, which is fine. However, that can't be translated to others easily without misinterpretation. You can't teach someone based on how they should feel skiing, you can teach movements and each individual then develops their own way of feeling their skiing. Ted isn't right or wrong about how he skis, he just skis Ted's way. It's up to coaches to determine how to teach movements that are effective. Clearly Ted has not figured it out for slalom, so he can't even depend on his own movements from GS to transfer them to slalom. The comments by David are nor here nor there, because he's fighting a losing battle trying to tell Ted how he skis. And he doesn't give any insight into how one develops proper movements to learn from how Ted develops his turns. David is describing out comes, not telling us how to create the carves that Ted uses.
h.harb

Return to Racing