US Ski Team failure!

US Ski Team failure!

Postby h.harb » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm

h.harb

Re: US Ski Team failure!

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 am

New York Times video of Ted Ligety. Ted is basically talking about how you have to "Carve the High C" part of the arc to win on the World Cup in GS. Which means all the coaches that advocated Skivoting, and Pivoting, from the PSIA instructor and USSA coaches association, have been in the dark for over 10 years???? While PMTS has been coaching High C carving. I feel sorry of their kids, I don't feel sorry for the coaches that are that ignorant. This information can be found, yet it's amazing how few even try to look for it. It's not about your ego guys, it's about the kids!

Amazing to me the lack of progress in USSA coaching. This is all coming from the top, no leadership or wrong direction. Some day the US coaches Ass. might want to look into training their coaches how to teach skiing movements. Now the big deal is the Skills Quest????? The US Coaches Ass has been "Questing for Skills" for the last ten years, it's like the Holy Grail to them, still haven't found it. In the mean time, Harb Ski Systems has been developing skiers and they are "Acquiring Skills" not questing for them.
h.harb

Return to Racing