Sochi Predictions...

Sochi Predictions...

Postby arothafel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 am

So.... Bode Miller keeps lurking around the podium and has been somewhat consistent. So, I'm thinking he may surprise everybody and actually "peak" at Sochi. But, that's just my own thought. Anyone care to make some predictions for the Alpine events...? Women? Men?
arothafel

Re: Sochi Predictions...

Postby Erik » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Vladimir Putin will win Gold medals in every event!
Erik

Postby gaku » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 am

Watch out for Henrik in slalom. He's young and unlike more established skiers, he's got nothing to loose -- at least that's how he views it. Zero pressure on him to perform.

Other big names likely to be up there: Bode, Aksel, Hirscher, Pinterault, Ligety, Kung and Neureuther. Personally I'm rooting for Pinterault, Henrik, Aksel and Bode.
gaku

Postby h.harb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Doesn't Putin have to be out of the closest to win a medal? If they do a saliva test on him, he could fail. As long as al Qaeda doesn't win a medal for sharp shooting.
h.harb

Postby arothafel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 am

Oh no.... he may be peaking too early. Needs to save it for the one that counts! http://skiracing.com/stories/miller-makes-a-statement-in-final-dh-training-run/
arothafel

Postby HighAngles » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 am

Read this article: http://skiracing.com/stories/do-bodes-training-run-results-even-matter/ and I think you may change your thinking. :)
HighAngles

Postby arothafel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am

I hope the article is correct. As much as I'm not really a Bode fan... I'm a sucker for guys/gals to finish their careers with a win. (ie: I was rooting for Manning, too!).

A friend who's at Sochi said that the teams are viewing Bode's lines via video, etc but, in the end they all abandon his tactics because none of them actually ski like him. That's funny... :lol:

I just hope he can hold together. He often talks about the "perfect" run. Hope this is it.

My other bet is on Svindal.
Last edited by arothafel on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arothafel

Postby jbotti » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Yes, he is sking great over there and the course looks like its made for him. Check out this run. This is great speed skiing:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/bode-mi ... aining-run
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby arothafel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:08 am

Bummed... :| Congrats to Mayer!

And how about Travis Ganong..!
arothafel

Postby jbotti » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 am

Yes, fastest in training doesn't always mean fastest on race day. Too bad.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 am

Bode is having race day issues it seems.

This was posted on another thread but should be here in the racing threads.
In the current Sports Illustrated Magazine there is a huge article about Mikaela Shiffrin, in it, her mother says, "we never taught Mikaeka a wedge and we by-passed USSA development programs and criteria. Good advice for all.
The wedge is PSIA and the USSA Development program is run by the US Ski Team. Which as anyone can see is not at all a development program, it's an elimination program.

In the last ten years it has not developed one women except Vonn. So what are they spending money on????? Right now only one women on the whole US ski team can qualify in the top 30 in Slalom and GS, and she didn't go through US development. And Mancuso who is a former world junior champion is barely making the top 10. The system is broken from the top down. Keep doing the same thing over and over and get the same results.

The resources that the US Ski Team has and spends, is amazing, a huge building in Park City, the CEO was making over $600,000, and producing what?
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:36 am

There is a huge hole in the grass root programs in the US, and USSA has nothing valid to offer them, that teaches proper skiing. This is a huge error. Diana and I spent this week in Welch Village, Minnesota, training coaches and coaching, while filming kids. They have coaches now that we have gained tremendous advantages with the PMTS program of training. One of the girls who basically started racing this year and attended one of our camps last year, won a GS and was third in the slalom, in a "D" team race. She was still a wedge christie skier at the beginning of last year, now she is 14. This race included the kids from the famous Buck Hill program and racers from 3 other small ski areas around Minneapolis. Go Welch Village!
h.harb

Postby Mikey B » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Did anyone notice that Maria Reisch looks knock kneed? Maybe more so with her left leg?
Mikey B

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Well done Mickey, I've been telling the CEO of Head boots that for months. She's not the only one.
h.harb

Postby Mikey B » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi Harald. Long time! I hope you are well. I do notice poor alignment in so many skiers on the WC circuit and Olympics. I had never focused on Reisch before. With her long legs it was so ez for me to see. Her left almost hits her right knee at times... Much like myself before alignment. Send her some HSS plates!
Mikey B

Next

Return to Racing