Fine line between the best or major technical differences?

Fine line between the best or major technical differences?

Postby h.harb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:42 pm

h.harb

Re: Fine line between the best or major technical difference

Postby jclayton » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:07 am

In the photos the differences look pretty major , though I think as you have pointed out on previous occaisions , a lot of the time Schiffren's technique is pretty solid .
I guess the difference still , even at those levels , is drilling technique to the point where it becomes the default mechanism in extreme racing conditions .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby h.harb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:11 am

What you pointed out is right, the differences are large. And the program would be to determine how often they show up and do they create an advantage or a disadvantage. I have the luxury to have studied this whole turn sequence. Even Schild has some inconsistencies on her right turn and Shiffrin definitely has some on her left turn. Most of this has to do with their boot set up, anatomy and alignment. This should be reassuring to all skiers, because we all have one better turn. Even the best have a weak side.
h.harb

Postby jclayton » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Reassuring yes , but what about those of us who have two " weak sides " ?

Wouldn't it be almost impossible to keep perfect form all the time , given inconsistencies of the surface and maybe some bad course setting ?

In the photos it looks to me that Schild is already pulling the new stance ski back , it doesn't look easy in that countered position ( from the previous turn ) . Her hips are way ahead of Schiffrin's .

Any chance of posting the complete sequence , unfortunately here we can't access Universal . Spanish TV coverage is pathetic as they virtually don't have a team .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby h.harb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm

I'll be putting up not only the break down of Shiffrin's turn but also Schild's other side.
h.harb

Return to Racing