Henrik Krisoffersen at Alta Badia

Henrik Krisoffersen at Alta Badia

Postby Spark » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:39 pm

While watching the Alta Badia GS, the 19 yo Norwegian, Henrik Kristoffersen, caught my attention with a very smooth run. I have been practicing my MA on his 2nd run and have a hard time finding much to criticize. What caught my attention first was some very high edge angles, then I noticed a consistently narrow stance width. I am trying to see extension but mostly can only see a lack of flexion of the stance foot at the end of his turn sometimes.

Spark

Re: Henrik Krisoffersen at Alta Badia

Postby h.harb » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Yes, he is a talent, he could be the best Norwegian. He has some things to clean up, unfortunately if he has to do it on his own, it will take too long. The long outside leg can happen, but if it is consistent it means too much inside leaning. Watch Hirscher he does get a long outside leg, but only for about 1/00 of a second and he begins to flex and tip even more. Keeping the leg long, results in only getting a side cut turn, and we know there isn't much sidecut on those skis. The skiers need to be constantly increasing their tipping angles and extension that restricts tipping, can extend the length of the arc..
h.harb

Re: Henrik Krisoffersen at Alta Badia

Postby gaku » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Harb, what's your thoughts on today's Kitzbuhel race and Henrik's performance today contra in Alta Badia? With the exception of the slip in the end, i was really surprised at how well he handled the tough conditions -- the kid's just 19 and seemed to adapt to them faster than more experienced skiiers.
gaku

Return to Racing