Marlies Schild

Re: Marlies Schild

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:24 pm

If you get into the wrong movement spiral in a race course, it's hard to get out of it especially in a steep section or an off-set section. You have to go into it these parts of the course with inside foot tipping and pulled back on the first turn and not rush the release. I find some of the women are stepping too early, they haven't yet learned how to finish with that angle increase Schild can develop. Also, many coaches are still coaching early edge and early pressure and it's not about either. It's about developing early body angles before the falline. Early edge to most racers is get on the big toe edge. Early pressure is stomp on the big toe. Once the outside leg is extended and you can't hold you are lost. Everyone thinks it's about getting the outside leg long and your hip close to the snow. That's not it. The idea is to get the tipping set up in the high C, then the leg gets long by the falline. After that is when then real World Class skiing begins. The outside leg has to flex and then increase the ski edge angle, so that the arc can be tightened. This is done in the lower part of the C arc. Schild is one of the few women who can do this consistently. That is how she gets such a strong rebound.
h.harb

Re: Marlies Schild

Postby NoCleverName » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 am

I was watching one of those GS races and it's amazing how many women come into transition sporting a very wide stance. Of course, they aren't the ones on the podium. I wonder if that's the technique or just what circumstances force them into.
NoCleverName

Previous

Return to Racing