Hirscher training for tomorrow's slalom in Levi.

Re: Hirscher training for tomorrow's slalom in Levi.

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Todd, I like your point. How about a little initiative instead of getting hand fed all the time. Look up the subject in "search" and add up the different types of extension we have discussed over the last 10 years and then make a comment about how we have eliminated the desire to extend. Homework, it always pays off, as it makes you remember the research you did.
h.harb

Postby rwd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Am I correct that with PMTS, we try to eliminate all ACTIVE extension, but ALLOW PASSIVE extension through tipping?
rwd

Postby Max_501 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:09 pm

rwd wrote:Am I correct that with PMTS, we try to eliminate all ACTIVE extension, but ALLOW PASSIVE extension through tipping?

We flex the outside leg to release the turn. As the new inside foot tipping and inside leg flexing guides the CoM into the turn the outside leg should lengthen gradually and naturally to maintain contact with the snow.
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Nothing has changed with PMTS movements, we are just identifying and cataloging the different ways to extend increase your chances of not getting the turns and skiing you want. Many skiers even PMTS practitioners, are extending in different ways, that they may not be aware of, we just want our skiers to know how extension movements or any movement (like a steering focus) is detrimental to their skiing and can impede progress.
h.harb

Postby Max_501 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Max_501

Previous

Return to Racing