Hirscher training for tomorrow's slalom in Levi.

Hirscher training for tomorrow's slalom in Levi.

Postby h.harb » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:18 pm

To my eye he looks lazy and un-energetic. Rare for Hirscher, he seems back and late.

h.harb

Re: Hirscher training for tomorrow's slalom in Levi.

Postby h.harb » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I snooped around on the internet and found another training run, Go Pro video, of Hirscher training, definitely his left foot boot set up is wrong, he's compensating for something. Doesn't look right or like it did in previous years. He may not even know.

If I were him I'd go back to my old boots until everything was the same as before. Tomorrow will tell if they were able to correct this.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Really makes you wonder WTF some of these boot and alignment experts that work with racers actually know!! Very disappointing. You would think that he would notice how wrong it is and go back to what was working last year.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby jclayton » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:58 am

Still good watching how he uses his inside ski in the high C as mentioned in another thread .

Unbeleivable to think that we have access to better boot fitting than world cup skiers !
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby federico » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:02 am

WC boot technicians don't know anything about their job, point.

This, do belive me, it's a 100% true statement, that I express on directly
INSIDE knowledge and it's not valid for the Italian A Team, but for all the
other Teams too, no one excluded.

I've recently listen to discussions between high level A Teams coaches
on the subject that were almost embarassing.

When a WC skier shows a good set up it's only matter of good trial & error
feedback relying only on skier's feelings, there is no science in the background,
no one excluded.

There is not an organized Corpus of knowledges in all skiing universe except HSS.

It's 4 years now that I'm investigating the subject all around the glaciers
during the summer and knowing very well people at a certain level,
someone has a good single piece of the puzzle but no one grasps the Whole concept.

Incredible to say but it's all depending on hazard.

Ciao,
Fed
MAIORA VIRIBUS AUDERE
federico

Postby arothafel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, Hirscher can take it, dispite problems with alignment! Pure athleticism, perhaps.

Equally or even more impressive is Mario Matt taking second!
arothafel

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 am

Hirscher sure skied at a different level in the race than in practice Saturday. Just shows you can't always watch training to see their best skiing. I saw some improvement in Ted's slalom in certain sections, then it fell apart again. He is trying to keep his feet closer together, yet when he lets his inside foot slip forward he loses his outside ski and leans in. He is definitely more forward than last year.
It's going to be tough for these guys to beat Hirscher in slalom.
h.harb

Postby Max_501 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 am

Max_501

Postby michal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

michal

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 pm

For those who forgot Hirscher actually beat Ligety numerous runs last year in GS. Here at Adelboden he had a 1 second lead going into the last steep. This would have been his 2nd GS win of the season. I have a feeling this year Ted will be challenged more often, by Hirscher and others. There are more good GS skiers that are closer to Ligety in GS now, than to Hirscher in slalom. Just a feeling. Hirscher skied great yesterday in Levi.
h.harb

Postby cheesehead » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Although in the second half it is one of the best films I've seen that clearly demonstrates that he is NOT pushing off with the outside ski, he clearly unweights it, lifts and tips to the LTE. If I can see that anyone can see it so if someone needs proof that WC skiers don't extend this clip would be a good place to start.
--- aka John Carey
Madison, Wisconsin
cheesehead

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Sure am glad that our PMTS message is getting out there. We have identified with our trainers and coaches in our training this season, 5 forms of extension. Yes, it's not just the big toe push off extension that screws up your skiing. It's also trying to move your hips forward, that's an extension, extending off and up from your little toe edge, extending off a flat ski, extending from an edged ski in the arc. Even extending with your edged little toe ski on the snow in the arc, is detrimental. Every form of extension has, not only a negative impact on your skiing balance, but a debilitating one to your success. PMTS never sleeps and never stops evolving, because we learn from every student that comes through our teaching system. We incorporate fixes and movement improvements that we develop and use for every single student to our system, when we see methods creating breakthroughs.

With the PMTS method we create balancing movements, and movements that keep you in balance, in every phase of the arc and transition. All other systems create movements and maneuvers that push you out of balance, with this you are constantly trying to recover in every turn. I never want to ski like that.
h.harb

Postby HighAngles » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:00 pm

HH - Would like to hear more about the 5 forms of extension that you have identified. :D
HighAngles

Postby h.harb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:20 pm

If anyone has one of the 5 extension issues at camp, we will definitely address them. This is a tech camp starting tomorrow, which means skiing biomechanics, instructional methods will be explored, skied and analyzed at a level few understand except PMTS campers, coaches and practitioners. I'll be leaking out the 5 types of incorrect extension on my Blog, with photos and descriptions as the season progress. Don't have time now; I've got too much going on for the next few weeks.
h.harb

Postby ToddW » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:31 pm

HighAngles wrote:HH - Would like to hear more about the 5 forms of extension that you have identified. :D

HighAngles,

This is the guy who can barely do enough extension to be visible on video ... and you're asking him about extension? When this forum is full of current and former extension masters?
ToddW

Next

Return to Racing