WC TV or online coverage

WC TV or online coverage

Postby Bolter » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:10 am

I am missing the season WC. What is available? I'm willing to pay. Any help would be appreciated.
Bolter

Re: WC TV or online coverage

Postby HeluvaSkier » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:50 am

MS just sent out a note that today's race will be available to stream on Peacock later today. Not sure how many others are there... JB probably has the schedule. I'm sure he will chime in. I often find the full replays on YouTube a day or two after the race... can watch at 25% speed for the interesting runs... Don't really need the commentary.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Bolter » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:32 am

HeluvaSkier wrote:MS just sent out a note that today's race will be available to stream on Peacock later today. Not sure how many others are there... JB probably has the schedule. I'm sure he will chime in. I often find the full replays on YouTube a day or two after the race... can watch at 25% speed for the interesting runs... Don't really need the commentary.

Thank you. Just watched SG from BC. Commentary was the best I ever heard, didn't understand one word. I think it was Slovak.
Bolter

Postby Erik » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:41 am

I generally watch the free highlights, but I've been looking into the paid services.

Between Peacock and skiandsnowboardlive.com, they should have most of the FIS world cup events. This schedule shows only through the end of December, but it is representative of what is on each of these channels: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/12/19/alpine-skiing-world-cup-tv-live-stream-schedule-peacock/. Of course, neither one has every FIS alpine ski event.

Peacock is $4.99 per month, or $9.99 per month without ads.

skiandsnowboardlive.com has the following pricing:
Standard pricing for streaming service
All-Access Monthly Pass for $15.99
Discipline Monthly Pass for $8.99
Pay-Per-View for $1.99
Free highlights

If you want to watch on Eurosport, that is not an option in the US due to geo-restriction of the content. Unless you want to get fancy and use a Europe-based VPN address.
Erik

Postby jbotti » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:11 pm

So this year is a little funky. If you want to watch live for US event its on Outside+ which is a pay subscription. All US events are shown on NBC network TV and I think you can stream them on Peacock afterwards. For everything else, it's skiandsnowboardlive.com . This is also a pay service but they have all the replays available for stream. They do not however have an app for Apple TV or other streaming devices. But I use my laptop and then use airplay on my apple TV device and it works just fine. Not sure its worth paying for peacock this year if all you use it for is WC ski racing. You can DVR the NBC broadcasts (I think the US races are done for the season now).
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Erik » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:04 am

This page gives the updated Peacock / Skiandsnowboardlive.com race coverage through Jan 10

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/12/28/alpine-skiing-world-cup-tv-live-stream-schedule-peacock/
Erik

Postby kirtland » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:09 pm

Directions are here: https://skiracing.com/how-to-watch-2022 ... up-events/
US race in February Palisade Tahoe (Squaw Valley) March Aspen
kirtland

Postby jbotti » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:48 am

It apperas that all the World Championship races (which start on Monday 2/6) will be available on Peacock. They are carrying a live stream of all races, and they always have a replay available.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Racing