Intuition Boot Lineres

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Intuition Boot Lineres

Postby wasmith » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:28 pm

Has anyone tried these? They seem quite substantial and I like the whole wrap around concept for the shin, ankle support, and foot.

:?: http://www.intuitionsports.com/
wasmith

Postby wasmith » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:53 pm

OK Gang no responses. I am looking at a ski shop up here in the Seattle area. They seem quite substantial so I'm going to take the plunge and try them. It looks to be about $260. Let you know later.

Warren
wasmith

Postby jclayton » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:26 pm

Looks a bit dodgy to me . I'd spend the same money or a bit more on professional injected liners , Comformable for example . I had a liner very similar to this a few years ago and it was terrible , a complete waste of money , it looked very much the same with the overlapping tongue .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby Max_501 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:16 pm

Over on Epic the guys that ski the Intuition liners seem to enjoy them. Let us know how they work for you.
Max_501

Postby wasmith » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:59 pm

OK I had the liners made. The night I was there they had about 6 people going through the processes. One person was coming in to have his liners remolded to his new boots. That one the injection processes can't do.

Here's what happened. I sprung for new footbeds (zero'd in) after these were made they attached them to my foot by putting a sock over it and my footbed. The liner was heated, Put my foot in it and then into my boot. The boot fitters then tightened down my boots and I stood in them for about 10 minutes. It was not uncomfortable. Later that night I tried them on with my regular socks. It felt snug and loose at the same time. Last Thursday night I jumped onto a ski deck that I had been using to get ready for the new season. WOW what a difference!!! It was so easy to feel the edge and the transmission of inputs to the ski. Now I can't wait to play hookie one day and try them on the snow.

Remind you I had my boots fitted by a master boot fitter last year. they were good. But these were increadable. My feeling so far. This is the only way to fly. All boots shoud have lines like this and you would slove a lot of problems.

I'll let you know what happens on the snow later.
wasmith

Postby wasmith » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:29 pm

I've had two days now in the boots over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The first day I wore my old liners for a run, I then put in the intuition liners. Conditions at Snowbasin were man made snow & ice patches.

Wow what a difference, between the first and subsequent runs. Control was much improved between the runs. And I did not experience any problems with the boot fit or foot fatigue (we stopped around 3p.m.).

On Saturday we had 6? of new snow. The boots and the new liners were fantastic and very comfortable.

Would I do it again? YES! In fact, I am going in tonight to have my other set of boots done.

Enjoy.

WAS

:D
wasmith

Postby Max_501 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:38 pm

wasmith wrote:IWould I do it again? YES! In fact, I am going in tonight to have my other set of boots done.

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking of getting some made but I can't find anyone local (of course) that stocks them. One place can special order then and then do it. Was the process very technical? Do you think its the type of thing they can screw up?
Max_501

Return to Gear