Review: Stockli SR 95 182

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Review: Stockli SR 95 182

Postby jbotti » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:53 am

Diana likes her SR 95 for pow days in Colorado. I decided to try this years version in the 182 length. I unfortunately forgot to have the shop guy move my bindings forward 2-3cm, because for me all Stocklis have a mount point too far back. So I will preface everything by saying I think the ski will ski much better (at least for me) with the mount moved forward. This ski is noticeably less stiff than past iterations. On groomed terrain it arcs nicely, and the 18.5 TR was easy to bend down to something closer the 15m. I would not call the ski super nimble or quick edge to edge but for a 95mm ski underfoot and its very nice on groomers arcing turns. While the tip rocker did not prevent me from getting forward at the top of each arc, I found I had to work harder than most of my skis to get as far forward as I wanted in each transition. I think the mount point was a factor here. Off piste we had mainly chop, some crud and soft bumps. With the mount point where I was skiing them, this would not be my first choice for these conditions. I had to really fight to get forward and if I didn't I had to pivot the skis as they didn't respond well to tipping from the neutral to back position on the mount point. If I was skiing fresh pow, I think the mount point would have been fine and this mount point with the modest tip rocker is designed to plane on fresh snow (which many people like, but I tend to like less).

Its a nicely made, sandwich construction ski. For me, it might be slightly too soft, but well within the range of acceptable. I think I have to give my review an incomplete until I try them with the mount moved more forward. We have some fresh snow coming this week and I am skiing with HH this week. So I will likely take these out again, set the mount right and I'll ski them and have Harald ski them and report back.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Gear