Blossom Whiteout's in pretty deep snow

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Blossom Whiteout's in pretty deep snow

Postby spinbackwards » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:22 pm

Howdy,

Well it finally started snowing here in Eagle County. The Beav has had 30" in the last 5 days.
Been skiing on my Blossom's. 176, 77 under foot.
Lovin' it.
Today a much younger guy (I'm 64) was skiing with me, he had big fat skis. Today was some windblown and 12" new from yesterday. Flat light. So not exactly hero conditions.
He kept looking at my skis on the chair with a look on his face of, "How the freak is this old dude beating me to the lift and making it look easy"?. LOL.
Then about Noon he said, "I'm getting some new skis". He texted me tonight - "You were fluid. I needed to modernize my approach". LOL. He bought some shorter skis - 180 with a 17.5m turn radius. They're 100 under foot. But hey. He'll learn. LOL.
I owe it all to HH and Diana. PMTS kicks ass. Diana's boots feel great.
Looking for another pair of Blossom's.

I hope y'all are gettin' some.
spinbackwards

Re: Blossom Whiteout's in pretty deep snow

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:52 am

I too am looking for a set of Blossum Whiteouts in 176cm. Although I believe it has been superseded by the Turbo AM77..

https://www.blossomski.com/turbo/?lang=en

Having read a lot of info from jbotti, I have come up with a shortlist:
Blossum Whiteout
Kastle MX83/ 88
XO V77/ H21

Not having the luxury of regular skiing and a local hill, I need a ‘one ski’ quiver. Although I do still have a great pair of Head ICON TT88’s for the rare occasions that I can take two sets of skis with me..

It’s funny how the perception about ability of the skier and the ski is made based on the width underfoot…I have skied with many who, despite having 100mm underfoot, have made hard work of their skiing and then complained how the snow is crap. When asked how I cope with a mere 77mm I point to the sticker on my ski boots and tell them to look up HH on YouTube…
go_large_or_go_home

Re: Blossom Whiteout's in pretty deep snow

Postby Robert0325 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:15 am

go_large_or_go_home wrote:Not having the luxury of regular skiing and a local hill, I need a ‘one ski’ quiver. Although I do still have a great pair of Head ICON TT88’s for the rare occasions that I can take two sets of skis with me..

If you have the Head Powerail setup with say Head PRD 12 bindings you can easily fit 2 - pairs of skis into 1 bag and take just one set of bindings to keep the weight down. Then carry skis in hand luggage (not in boot bag though!). I've done this a few times without paying excess weight charges. This works for flights out and back to the UK such as Easyjet or BA anyhow.
Next week I'm off to the Alpes and as there is a fair bit of snow coming in at the moment will be taking both my Head i-speeds and Movement Jams.
Robert0325

Return to Gear