New liner for Dobermann 130gp

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

New liner for Dobermann 130gp

Postby loudenr » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:57 am

I am currently using a Dobermann 130GP boot and I have a high arch and instep. I want to get a new liner and I need to find one that fits comfortably in the boot without crushing the top of my foot. I am considering the Intuition Pro Tongue (which I know a lot of people on the forum use) or the Dreamliner low volume. Another alternative is the Zipfit Corsa. Does anybody have any experience of the Dreamliner or Corsa and how they compare against the Pro Tongue in particular? Many thanks
loudenr

Re: New liner for Dobermann 130gp

Postby jbotti » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:22 am

I have not tried either the Intuition Dreamliner or Zipfit Corsa. The only thing I will point out is that Intuition makes a lot of really bad liners and you don't want to get these. The liners I know that HSS has used and like are the Pro Tongue, the FX Race and the HD Race. Others may know of others that HSS uses and sells and its possible the Dreamliner is one of those and a decent liner. But I would find out first before buying it. I guess the pro tongues aren't for everyone, but I think they are by far the best liners I have ever had. Not only do they improve my set up and skiing but they are super comfortable and very warm (as are all Intuition liners).
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby meput » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:49 pm

My experience may not be helpful to you, but I will describe it. I am in my second pair of Dobie 150 WC's. My current pair is approximately 5 yrs old. I used the stock liners until they packed out and did not support my feet. That was after ~120 days. At that time I switched to a pair of ZipFit World Cup liners that I got for my original Dobie 150's. These liners had ~150 days on them between the original Dobies and a pair of Dalbello Krypton Pros. The ZipFits had spent most of the time in the Dalbellos and had replaced the Intuition wrap type liner that came in the Dalbellos. Never liked the wrap type Intuition liner. Worst shin bang I ever experienced with those liners. Glad when they stopped supporting my heel at ~60 days. I have a relatively high instep that created trouble with the ZipFits in my current Dobie 150's. After ~30 days I started getting severe pain on my instep when I tipped my foot. Dianna and Walker at HSS came to the conclusion that edge roll on the top by the tongue was digging into my instep and prevented my tipping. No way to modify that. In PMTS, can not have anything inhibiting tipping. Dianna put me in an Intuition Plug Race. Tipping problem cured. Shin bang fairly severe initially and start of full season after summer. Second early season in the Dobie/Intuition combination the shin bang was not as severe. The Plug Races are going strong at 150 days. Additional factoid about the ZipFits. With my original Dobie 150's, my boot fitter originally tried to put me in the Gara version, too thick. Had to shift to the thinner black World Cup version.
Walk to run. Tip to turn.
meput

Postby ToddW » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:21 pm

If it fits you, the pro tongue is a great liner, but it’s on the beefy / space filling side. I’ve switched from it to the intuition plug race for that reason. The plug race is a bit finicky to mold well, so try to find someone experienced rather than DIY. I haven’t skied a zip fit in over ten years, but from memory it gave less performance than plug race or pro tongue.
ToddW

Postby loudenr » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It sounds like that the Plug Race is a good bet as a low volume option. I have emailed HSS to ask for a view on the Dreamliner just in case that it alao considered a decent liner.
loudenr

Return to Gear