Stockli laser AR

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Stockli laser AR

Postby Jjmdane » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 am

I am considering acquiring the Stockli laser AR in a 182 and was wondering if anyone had experience with it, and if they had ,what was their feeling about the suitability of these skis for PMTS movements. Also if anyone is familiar with this ski, would you mount it flat or on a plate. I coach a high school race team in MA and instruct part time in NH (not PSIA dogma). I have a ton of skis, from fis SL and GS, to carvers like Head supershapes, to high performance mid fats. I need another pair of skis like I need another hole in my head but this is America and we can do this stuff. Plus life is too short. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Jjmdane

Re: Stockli laser AR

Postby jbotti » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:40 am

I have never skied it. I have skied a version of the laser AX and it was a very good ski when it came out (but has been changed several times since). The concept on these (AR's) is a slightly wider version of the AX, and if so it would be a nice ski (again in theory as I have not skied it). The AX was soft enough for off piste skiing and still arced nicely and it was a solid ski or PMTS movements (just not for intermediates working and perfecting PMTS movements). I will say that if you tip to the LTE to start each arc, you will always be better off with a plate (like the PRD plates) than with the binding mounted flat. The added stack height increases leverage to one's the ability to tip as well as eliminating the dead spot.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Gear