Edges angles

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Edges angles

Postby Dstumpf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:42 am

Does any one know what the factory edge angles are for the new Head e original ? Unable to find on Head site and not sure how up to date some other sites are.
Dstumpf

Re: Edges angles

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:04 am

I don't have direct experience with the newer e-series heads, but I have had a few pairs of Heads over the years... My Head iSLs (most recent Head ski I've added to the quiver) were around 2 degrees from the factory. I say around because the tune was not very consistent across the length of the ski (sometimes more than 2 and sometimes about 2). It was definitely not 3 degrees anywhere though. I ended up setting the edge by hand and starting from scratch with my ProTek machine, keeping them at 2 degrees. They ski great and hold perfectly well at 2 degrees. Any angle you tune them at, as long as it is consistent, is likely to be better than the factory tune.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Dstumpf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks for the reply HeluvaSkier, would the base bevel be .5?
Dstumpf

Postby ErikCO » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:03 am

Almost certainly they come from the factory at a 1 degree base, 2 degree side. That has been roughly the factory angles all my recreational Head skis have had (iSL, Supershape iSpeed, Rev 80, and Rev 85). Of course, I typically re-tune mine to a 0.7 or 0.5 degree base and 3 degree side, but that's just me.
ErikCO

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Yes, 1 on the base... far more accurate than the side bevels. I've left the base on the iSL alone... if I want something more aggressive I have plenty of FIS skis to choose from.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Return to Gear