Head 2021

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Head 2021

Postby jbotti » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:38 am

HeluvaSkier wrote:
HighAngles wrote:Unfortunately even their "10" flex (softest) is out of reach for many skiers.

Uh... so is the pricing!

I had not checked to see what these skis cost. Yes, $1100 is expensive for skis but within the realm of reason (as that's what Stockli's have cost for some time or quite close to that price). If you really want to see expensive skis, go to the Bomber (Bode Miller's skis) website where skis start at roughly $1900.

https://bomberski.com/
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Well, owning Bomber skis is now on the list of life experiences I'm unlikely to have. :lol:
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby jbotti » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm

I have seen Bomber skis up close. The link below brings to the skis Bode uses as his everyday ski: 191 length, 23m TR and seriously burly!! While you will never love the price, I feel confident you would feel some kinship with their skis. These have the widest/thickest sidewalls I have ever seen an anything other than WC DH skis. You would love them!

https://bomberski.com/product/110/
jbotti

Postby jbotti » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Perhaps we can interest you in the M33 Helmet at $850 or the stylish Kiss Kiss Helmet for $1800! :D :D

https://bomberski.com/product/m33-helmet-2/

https://bomberski.com/product/m33-helmet-2/

No? For sure you will absolutely need the Apres Ski Slippers for $450!!

https://bomberski.com/product/apres-ski-slipper/
jbotti

Postby Roundturns » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:12 pm

I wonder how many of those $2,150 blue coats shown under the Apparel Tab they sold. As described doubles as a ski jacket and you can apparently wear it out to dinner too.

Good luck with that if it isn’t sunny and 50 degrees when you decide to wear it when skiing.

Unbelievable (lol)
Roundturns

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:22 pm

I'm unsure if I totaled up everything I wear in a given ski day (skis, boots, poles, jacket, pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, etc.) if it would total the cost of that Kiss helmet. When I was on the Uvex program, I was buying race helmets for $45.

...and I'm sure I would love the quality of the skis, but given I can get Fischer international race product (the real stuff), regular Fischer product (arguably the best factory-tuned skis in the industry) and Blossom for less than 25% of the price of Bombers, it is a tough to justify such a high price when I'm already on top-quality product.

HeluvaSkier

Postby jbotti » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:51 pm

HeluvaSkier wrote:I'm unsure if I totaled up everything I wear in a given ski day (skis, boots, poles, jacket, pants, helmet, goggles, gloves, etc.) if it would total the cost of that Kiss helmet. When I was on the Uvex program, I was buying race helmets for $45.

...and I'm sure I would love the quality of the skis, but given I can get Fischer international race product (the real stuff), regular Fischer product (arguably the best factory-tuned skis in the industry) and Blossom for less than 25% of the price of Bombers, it is a tough to justify such a high price when I'm already on top-quality product.

It would be interesting to see their sales numbers. I'm sure there exists a market for super high end skis. Having said that, if we look at both Kastle and Stockli, two brands that most agreed had something special in their skis (Not sure Kastle does anymore but Stockli still makes great skis), but they were priced at a 40% premium over Head, Fischer etc. These skis are 3x what most people pay for skis (call it $600) and I just don't think that many people are making the leap. Plus where can you demo a pair?

I think they may be carrying a few demo pairs at my home mountain. If so I will demo a pair. My fear is that they will rock on piste but be way too stiff for mortal off piste skiing.
jbotti

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:41 pm

I have access to Stockli demos... but that is about as special as it gets. I skied one the other day... good ski but not for me...

HeluvaSkier

Postby noobSkier » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:06 am

Helluva, how does the Fischer international product differ from the regular stuff and how do I know which one I have? Ski in question is the RC4 "FIS" SL
noobSkier

Previous

Return to Gear