Dynastar Intense ski suitable for my wife?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Dynastar Intense ski suitable for my wife?

Postby LiquidFeet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks, Max. I see the iSpeed at 163 has a 68 waist, while the Super Joy is 75.

The TR is about the same for the two skis at 163 -- 12.7 for iSpeed and 12.5 for the Super Joy.
So the iSpeed is faster onto edge, which I'll feel on hard snow.
I'll pay attention to that.

Dunno how the stiffness compares.
LiquidFeet

Postby andy2667 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Re-check the Epic Joy information again. It is a very interesting ski:
- 68mm waist for on piste craving
- Very light! One Kg per ski! Paired with the Joy 11 GW binding which is approx 800g per binding, the total weight for one ski with binding is only 1.8kg (3.6kg a pair). This is nearly half the weight of my Dynastar Speedzone 14.

If there is nothing wrong for using it to learn PMTS, I think this is the one that is very suitable for my wife (or other light weight women ) who want a lift weight ski.

It is so light that I may consider buying one for myself in the future if I loss some weight :mrgreen:
andy2667

Postby Obrules15 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:00 pm

andy2667 wrote:Re-check the Epic Joy information again. It is a very interesting ski:
- 68mm waist for on piste craving
- Very light! One Kg per ski! Paired with the Joy 11 GW binding which is approx 800g per binding, the total weight for one ski with binding is only 1.8kg (3.6kg a pair). This is nearly half the weight of my Dynastar Speedzone 14.

If there is nothing wrong for using it to learn PMTS, I think this is the one that is very suitable for my wife (or other light weight women ) who want a lift weight ski.

It is so light that I may consider buying one for myself in the future if I loss some weight :mrgreen:

I can't comment on whether it has the quality of "rewarding PMTS Movements", but the geometry is spot on and probably doesn't have any of the Volkl type weirdness that makes even their narrow skis problematic. But since no reliable PMTS female has skied them (they were not Demoed by HSS last year) I don't think there is any way to know for sure.
Obrules15

Previous

Return to Gear