Liners: Zipfits / Foam / Intuition Pro Tongue

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Liners: Zipfits / Foam / Intuition Pro Tongue

Postby Jeet » Thu May 18, 2017 1:28 am

Skiffie, thank you for input. I have ordered the Pro Tongues for the site Marc suggested, lets see how I get along with those. Cannot wait to try it.

Jeet
Jeet

Postby Jeet » Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 am

My Pro Tongue just got delivered. Has any removed the padding at the back to reduce the forward lean. If so it would be great if someone could confirm if I need to remove the stitching (out lined in the image below) with an exacto knife to get this done?

Jeet

Postby Obrules15 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 am

Yes, the stitching needs to be removed. Walker (at the Dumont shop) took out the spoiler in the back (the hard shell/casing, not the padding), I'd email Diana and she'll give you instructions.

For me top stayed intact (if it is above top of boot) and exacto-knife outlined top of intuition logo then straight down to center part and that whole area was then peeled off. The side wings that extend down were left intact because I have narrow ankles.

Works really well, but definitely email Diana to get better instructions. Even though the shop is closed for the summer she still answers emails.
Obrules15

Postby Basil j » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:34 pm

I just had my Rossignol WC 130's set up with Strolz foam liners from Strands ski in Worcester. Took about 1 1/2 hours all in. leif knows his stuff.
Boots fit like a glove. Can't wait to get them out on the snow.
Basil j

Postby noobSkier » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I have a question about the pro-tongues. I'm skiing in Raptor B3 shells with the stock liners, and my fit is DAMN TIGHT. They fit like a glove at this point, but my stock liners are getting destroyed because the fit is so tight that I need to step into the shells with the liners on. I want to try the pro-tongues, but I'm wondering if the foam can compress sufficiently for a fit thats as tight as mine. I really don't want to do more work to the shells...if thats the case, Ill just order the stock liners. What do you guys think?
noobSkier

Postby Obrules15 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm

noobSkier wrote:I have a question about the pro-tongues. I'm skiing in Raptor B3 shells with the stock liners, and my fit is DAMN TIGHT. They fit like a glove at this point, but my stock liners are getting destroyed because the fit is so tight that I need to step into the shells with the liners on. I want to try the pro-tongues, but I'm wondering if the foam can compress sufficiently for a fit thats as tight as mine. I really don't want to do more work to the shells...if thats the case, Ill just order the stock liners. What do you guys think?

According to Diana the new Intuition Plug Race Liners fix that exact problem and she is skiing those this year instead of the Pro-Tongues.
Obrules15

Postby jbotti » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:02 pm

You can also bake the Pro Tongues more than once. They lose volume each time you bake them. By the third bake they don't take up much if any excess space.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby noobSkier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:39 pm

Obrules15 wrote:According to Diana the new Intuition Plug Race Liners fix that exact problem and she is skiing those this year instead of the Pro-Tongues.

Obrules15, Is that the Race FX or the Race HD model?

jbotti wrote:You can also bake the Pro Tongues more than once. They lose volume each time you bake them. By the third bake they don't take up much if any excess space.

Thanks for the tip. My stock head liners are the lace ups, and they have virtually no padding; more of a sock really. Im just a little hesitant ordering something that might not work and that I won't be able to return. Ill just call them, thanks again for the advice.
noobSkier

Postby Obrules15 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:05 pm

noobSkier wrote:
Obrules15 wrote:According to Diana the new Intuition Plug Race Liners fix that exact problem and she is skiing those this year instead of the Pro-Tongues.

Obrules15, Is that the Race FX or the Race HD model?

Neither, it's a new model called the Plug Race.
Obrules15

Postby noobSkier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks, found it :)

Edit: Do these stiffen the boot like the pro-tongues?
noobSkier

Postby Obrules15 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 pm

noobSkier wrote:Thanks, found it :)

Edit: Do these stiffen the boot like the pro-tongues?

Diana says they are very nearly equivalent.
Obrules15

Previous

Return to Gear