LANGE ZB DIN SOLE ?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

LANGE ZB DIN SOLE ?

Postby GThomas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 pm

I placed an order for a Lange ZB boot with my local ski shop
The Lange web site show the sole of the boot as "preground" and also does the same for the RP ZA+
Today I was informed that the local Lange rep said the ZB sole is not DIN compatible and the boot I need is the ZA+ which is the same boot as the ZB but with a DIN sole and slightly rounder toe box.
This doesn't sound correct to me, can a person in the know confirm this either way ?
GThomas

Re: LANGE ZB DIN SOLE ?

Postby rnordell » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Apparently, the Z+ series boots have some work pre-done on areas that are typically known fitting issues. I haven't personally seen one but I imagine the navicular is stretched a bit, and maybe they do pre-cut the boot sole lugs to DIN/ISO Norm. The ZA, ZB and ZC do not come DIN compliant but I would not worry about it if. Any shop that is worth working with has the tools and is able to cut the lugs to spec in 2 minutes. This is already a necessary procedure for any boot sole canting work and is one of the reasons the Z series plug boots come with the extra sole material. The manufacture knows if you are serious enough to get into a plug boot, there is potentially going to be extensive work done on it. All the brands treat plug boots this same way; Head Raptor B2rd, Atomic Redster 150/170, Dalbello DRS WC, all require the boot sole lugs to be cut to DIN standard. No big deal...
rnordell

Re: LANGE ZB DIN SOLE ?

Postby GThomas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Okay many thanks for the reply.
There are supposedly only three shops in the UK that have the router and I only know of one of them and which I am personally not keen to work with.
I tried on an RP ZA + what was two seasons ago in a 23.5 liked the stance in lateral terms which felt very neutral to me in the clog itself but with a too tight cuff.
In Austria this year (same shop) they measured me as being a 24.5 and given my current boot preference recommend the ZB.
None of the ZB are apparently available except a pair from the previous season in 24.5 I asked my local shop to order them provided they come DIN compliant. Buying them unseen then traveling and paying to have the sole done is a step too far for me at least at this time
thanks again
GThomas

Return to Gear