Adding to the endorsements for a visit to HSS - bootfitting

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Adding to the endorsements for a visit to HSS - bootfitting

Postby joeag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

I traveled from Los Angeles to Dumont today and was fitted up for some new boots (and aligned) by Walker. What a great experience! Ended up in Head Raptor RS 140. Went down a full size from my 10 year old Rossignol's which were fit by a very reputable boot fitter in California (and also had zipfits in the old boots).

Can't say enough about the experience, I've been waiting to do this for a long time and it was great! Walker is very patient and spends a ton of time measuring and making sure your feet are comfortable and your in balance.

It's also amazing how much difference the very thin shims for adjusting alignment make make when testing balance. I was bow legged on one side and knock kneed on the other side. A thin shim in the right place made a huge difference when balancing on one leg.

Thanks HSS and Walker - I really appreciate it and highly recommend to anyone - it's worth the travel and effort!

Testing tomorrow at Loveland for a half day before heading back by the shop if fine tuning is needed and then back home.
joeag

Re: Adding to the endorsements for a visit to HSS - bootfitt

Postby joeag » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Follow up - the boot shimming to correct alignment had a major impact on my ability to balance on one ski!
(On both sides)

First time I've had race boots like the Raptors and what a tremendous increase in performance.

Thanks again Walker!
joeag

Return to Gear