Head Women's Total Joy

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head Women's Total Joy

Postby bev » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi All - We need some advice on skis for my 30 year old daughter. She is an expert snowboarder and just started skiing last season. She lives and works on Mammoth Mountain, CA so she has plenty of snow days. She took to skiing right away and is advancing quickly. I'm working on her PMTS skills and hoping those are the habits she develops. She needs an all mountain ski she can grow into considering how fast she's improving. Any thoughts on the proper skis to consider. Head Total Joys or not. Thanks - Bev.
bev

Re: Head Women's Total Joy

Postby Obrules15 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Diana hates that ski.
Obrules15

Postby DougD » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 am

Ideally, a PMTS student should be learning on low angle, groomed terrain... not all mountain terrain. This is true no matter how "advanced" they think they are. Even PMTS coaches and WC racers spend a significant amount of their daily skiing time drilling on easy Green trails. If a skier thinks that would be too boring, they aren't doing the drills right. :twisted:

For this purpose, a narrow-waisted ski like the Head i.Speed SuperShape would provide faster feedback than an all-mountain ski, as it responds more quickly to tipping movements. This would be a great choice for your daughter's first PMTS ski.

That said, a highly recommended all-mountain ski for those with some PMTS skills is discussed on this thread regarding the Blossom Whiteout (aka Hart Striker):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5064
DougD

Postby bev » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Mush appreciated.
bev

Return to Gear