Anyone tried the Atomic Redster pro 120 or 130?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Anyone tried the Atomic Redster pro 120 or 130?

Postby Basil j » Fri May 13, 2016 3:22 pm

MY Alpina one 12's have 3 full seasons on them and I am curious to how other boots may ski. I have only been in high end Alpina's for the last 20 seasons and I think it is time to try out some different boots.
I tried a pair of 2016 redster pro 130's today and they fit like a glove right out of the box. I Immediately noticed that these had a stronger forward lean or forward ramp than my current boots. Dont know if that is good or not, but they have a whole array of adjustments, 3 foot soles and a makeshift booster type power strap.'They are on sale for a good price right now, including the custom fitting and alignment. Wondering if anyone has any experience with these. They are supposed to be the stiffest laterally than any boot on the market. the 130 flex felt no stiffer than my current 120 flex on my one 12.
Basil j

Re: Anyone tried the Atomic Redster pro 120 or 130?

Postby Basil j » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:31 pm

So I found a pair of 27.5 2014 Atomic Redster pro 130's on sale at EVO for $120.00!! I never purchased boots on line before but since I had already tried a pair on , I bit the bullet. Slid in my custom foot beds from my other boots and these fit great right out of the box. Very snug in the ankle and good room in the forefoot. Can't wait to get these out on the snow. They feel much narrower than my Alpina's, mainly due to the stock liner. versus a custom foam liner. I took the spoilers out and the position feels less forward. It comes with 3 options for a foot board under the liner. I have the medium foot board installed. Even if I alternate between the boots, for $120.00, very much a steal.
Basil j

Postby Basil j » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:01 am

Started using the slant board with my Atomic Redsters. Even though both pairs of my boots are 27.5 and have a 98mm last, the Alpinas feel big & bulky compared to the sleeker narrower Atomics. The Alpinas are more comfortable and snug in all the right places ( due to foam liner) compared to the snug but less than custom feel yet functional feel stock liner in the Atomics. My single foot balance is strong in both pairs of boots. The atomics have cant and upper cuff rotational adjustments, but for now I have the settings fairly neutral until I get on the snow. My alignment feels very strong in the Atomics as well, but I obviously won't know till I actually make some turns. After a shitty winter and a hot summer so far in NE, I am anxious to get back on the snow asap.
Basil j

Postby Basil j » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I Forgot I had posted on these boots. So I got these on the snow and I was quite disappointed in their performance.They have a very aggressive forward lean and I felt they skied very "soft" for a 130 flex. They felt great in the "living room" not so great on the snow.They felt very light and my stance was too far forward which actually led to some fatigue in my quads after a full day of hard snow skiing. They gave me nothing to motivate me to move to them, so I sold them to a very happy Atomic user that thanked me for the great deal.
I ended up going with a Rossignol WC130 si race boot and I absolutely love em. Lighter than my Aplina's , but still provide great support, snow feel and are the most responsive boot I have ever skied. My stance is much more upright and relaxed in this boot and I feel that it lines up with my skiing much better than with the Atomic's.
I understand that Rossignol and Lange share molds and that this boot mirrors the RC 130 in many ways, but has differences in cuff materials and liners.
Great boot and I now can understand why I see so many of them being used by local racers.
Basil j

Return to Gear