Re-Visiting the Intuition Pro Tongue Liner

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Re-Visiting the Intuition Pro Tongue Liner

Postby DougD » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm

marsound wrote:One thing I've noticed in comparison to a stock liner is that you need to be very precise with boot buckling. It's very easy to get too tight with just one extra twist of the cam - I'm guessing this is due to the stiffness. I've found starting with them on the loose side for a warm up run helps them settle in to the shell, and I can then tighten them down a little more where needed and I'm good for the day.

OTOH, I need to be very precise with buckle tension right from the start. I don't over-tighten, but if my buckles are more than a turn or two looser than optimal, my skis don't respond to tipping movements quickly or accurately.

I've got chicken legs and bony ankles, so the right amount of pressure is a knife edge adjustment. A little too loose and I feel disconnected from the boot shell. The Pro Tongues are like surgical instruments... very fine control is rewarded with very fine results.

Shout out to Toddw for spotting that my skis weren't reacting to my movements as they should, and suggesting that I fine tune my buckles. A couple of twists made all the difference.
DougD

Re: Re-Visiting the Intuition Pro Tongue Liner

Postby CO_Steve » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:06 pm

A.L.E wrote:I had a problem with my Pro Tongues relating to length. I'd not had length issues with my Nordicas and a toe cap was used during the new liner fitting process but the Pro Tongues ended up being unbearably tight on my toes. No amount of dorsiflexion/pullback elevated the issue, my toes were crunched. I had them fitted at the end of last season and didn't ski again until a recent two-week ski trip. Stupidly I hadn't been in the boots during the offseason.

The pain after the first two days made skiing impossible, so I took to the pro tongues with a pair of scissors and cut out the toe ends of the liners and taped them up. That radical surgery sorted the problem. I can get cold feet but any cold issues were kept under control by my Hotronics.

On checking, I could confirm that the shell size matched the Pro Tongue size. So not sure what the problem is.

Aside from the issue with the tight toes, which was fixed by day three, I found the first 5 days were pretty brutal bedding in the liners. Thereafter they were reasonably comfortable and as others have said, performance wise they are fantastic.

I witnessed this first had. You were a different skier the last day we skied together.
CO_Steve

Previous

Return to Gear