Great experience at Harb Ski Systems shop

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Great experience at Harb Ski Systems shop

Postby Doghouse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I finally got my footbeds and an alignment done at Harb Ski systems this past February! I've wanted to do this for many years and was finally able to make the trip to Colorado with my family this year. We live in upstate New York and my daughter is young so it took a while to arrange the trip.

Diana and Walker were very welcoming and accommodating of my schedule. Diana did an awesome job. Her attention to detail is outstanding. Visiting the shop and working with Diana was a fantastic experience! The foot beds feel great and my alignment is much improved and will be dialed in with one small tweak next season.
My very first run after the boot work was back east and I immediately noticed a difference in improved edge grip and one footed tracking. I sent video to Diana and she worked with me remotely to increase the right boot outward tip using a temporary shim. We plan to make that permanent next year when I visit.
Like many others who post here, I have had my boots worked on for the past 20-30 years by close to 10 different boot fitters. No one comes close to HSS in results, customer service, attention to detail, accuracy and follow up! . It was absolutely worth the trip. I strongly encourage anyone who is considering getting boot work done to make the trip to Colorado and visit HSS!
Looking forward to m my first camp or private coaching next year with my new alignment!
Doghouse

Re: Great experience at Harb Ski Systems shop

Postby DougD » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 am

My experience was similar and the results equally impressive. 30 years of bootfitting by a dozen shops never came close to what I got from one visit to HSS. Their knowledge, experience, thoroughness and expertise are unrivalled. I expected good things. What I got exceeded anything I could have imagined. Compared to HSS, even "good" mountain shops that support local racers and pros are miles behind.

It's easy to believe you know enough to choose a good fitter or even tweak your boots yourself. Once you've experienced a PMTS fitting and alignment, you realize how utterly foolish that is. Most people wouldn't pretend to out-guess world-class experts in other technical fields. Why do so many try in this one?

Those who rely on non-PMTS bootfitters or DIY would be be better served by reading your report and following the same path.
DougD

Return to Gear