Head Rev 75 any good for an all around eastern ski?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head Rev 75 any good for an all around eastern ski?

Postby Basil j » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:38 am

I see level nine has Rev 75's for a song right now. My wife's Dynastar Intutive 74's are getting near the end of their useful life and I am really struggling trying to find a sub 80 waisted ski that is not categorized as a beginner ski or as a full on carver. The 75 construction, from what I understand is the same as the Rev 80, no pro version so I think that it should do the job. She is strong advanced skier who likes the bumps and groomers here in the east coast. Good edgehold is important as we are on hard snow 90% of the time. I got her an Elan speed magic last year and although she liked it, she found it too demanding and not versatile enough for what she likes so I sold it to someone who really ended up loving it.
Anyone ski this model? Would appreciate any feedback on this model. I don't want to miss a good deal, but it's only a good deal if the ski is a good match for her.
Thanks in advance.
Basil j

Re: Head Rev 75 any good for an all around eastern ski?

Postby DougD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:05 am

FWIW, Diana set my partner up on Rev 70s for his first Green/Blue camp. He's a less experienced skier than your wife and found them easy to ski and responsive.... once he got going with PMTS movements of course. Not directly applicable to her needs, but maybe the fact that theyre recomende by HSS is a useful data point?
DougD

Postby theorist » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 am

In case anyone's interested, L9 also has the Rev 70's (156 & 170 cm, $99 plus bindings).
theorist

Postby Basil j » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 am

Rev 75 anyone?? good feedback on the 70 but that would be too soft for her.
Basil j

Postby ToddW » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Basil,

Remember that we use skis differently here. If your wife hasn't developed an interest in pmts and efficient movements, then she'll experience a ski quite differently as a conventional strong advanced skier than we will (whatever our level) Our reviews may well be meaningless to her.
ToddW

Postby Basil j » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Good point Todd, She does try to learn it but uses the movements as drills rather than the default movements they are intended to be. I just found her some Dynatsars that will satisfy her for a good price. So I'm all set. Thanks folks.
Basil j

Postby DougD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Todd,

That was insightful. PMTSers typically ignore ski reviews by non-PMTS skiers, because their impressions don't apply to how we use a ski. The converse is also valid.

I learn something here every day.
DougD

Return to Gear