booster straps are they worth iy

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

booster straps are they worth iy

Postby krazzy legs » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 am

Ski Dodge boots flex 150. If power strap is not used get to much travel in for/aft in top of boot. Since the booster strap stretches, if a lot of tension is applied to the booster strap will it allow to much travel possibly causing injury & or not as quick centering a balance position on skis. Level nine has them on sale right now. Thanks
krazzy legs

Re: booster straps are they worth iy

Postby Basil j » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:13 am

My power strap broke this season on my boots and I purchased the booster strap and it is excellent. When I strap it down it stays tight all day with minimal/no play. I got the 3 layer expert level and it is perfect.
Basil j

Postby jbotti » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 am

Booster strap is a superior product than the old style velcro strap for one main reason, it gives some. Harald showed me years ago how to use a booster (making it reasonably tight) and then just lightly buckle the top buckle. I used it on my Dodges and it was vastly superior to their velcro strap. You can get booster straps that WC racers use that have almost no give. I wouldn't recommend that but you shouldn't worry about too much give. BTW, virtually every WC racer uses a booster strap or the new hybrid boosters that Head and other co's are putting on their boots. The forces they are applying and dealing with are 2X+ what any of us are creating.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby DougD » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:58 am

My Langes came with a decent strap. No Velcro, a good quality toothed cam that lets you snug the strap to whatever tightness you want and it stays put all day.

However, unlike the Booster, the Lange strap has NO elasticity. Further, the shin pad isn't fully effective because the strap itself (~1" wide) slides through it. Since pressure is concentrated on just that inch, using the Lange strap inside the shell as Harald recommends can cause a pressure point.

From the photos, it appears that the strap portion of the Booster Strap doesn't actually cut across the pad. If so, the pad would spread pressure evenly over its entire surface. This would be superior to the Lange strap. Can any Booster users confirm?
DougD

Return to Gear