New Boots

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: New Boots

Postby Max_501 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:11 pm

IMO, one can't fit boots via an internet forum.
Max_501

Postby theorist » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 am

gaku wrote:Are you sure the differences mentioned here don't relate to the racing boots (different liner for instance)?

The info. I have from two industry sources is that the Lange and Rossi race boots are identical, but it may be they were thinking of the shells and not the liners. If you want more detailed info. I'd suggest contacting realskiers or Lange/Rossi directly.
theorist

Postby DougD » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:36 am

Agree with Max.

Even if you happen to find perfectly fitted boots that provide a good stance, without alignment by a PMTS or similarly trained technician you'll never know if the setup is correct. I skied in various, well fitted boots with good footbeds for 30 years. Yet I was never set up correctly until Diana adjusted my alignment. The difference and improvement were instantaneous and huge. I lost 30 years of what might have been better, more enjoyable skiing with less knee pain. :cry:

Knowing what I know now - and especially if I'd already torn an ACL like you - I'd consider myself insane if I had my boots set up by anyone who wasn't PMTS certified.

Do what you have to do. Go where you have to go. Skip a month or two of skiing to save money for airfare if you must... but get thee to a PMTS shop!
DougD

Previous

Return to Gear