Boots, boots, and more boots

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Boots, boots, and more boots

Postby Ken » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Time to replace my original Dobermann Pro 130s.

Suggested for try-on are:
Nordica Dobermann EDT 130 (not WC)
Head Raptor 130 RS
K2 Spyne 130 LV
Tecnica R9.8 130
Lange RS 140 (said to flex like other brands 130)

I know that Tecnica and Lange in the past didn't have the geometry we like. Have they learned their lesson?...did Tecnica, owner of Nordica, learn from the Nordica designers? What about the K2 offering?...just a gizmo, or something worth considering? Any thoughts?

Much will depend on what I can find to try in a shop I'll be near for a few days to allow for adjustments. Home is a 2+ hour drive to a good shop. I'll be skiing in Solden, Austria, for a week this winter, and that might be a good shot to buy, adjust, ski, adjust, ski, adjust, etc.

(Was skiing with Brit friends a while back, and it took a while to understand when they talked about Long-guh brand boots. Lange with German pronunciation. They didn't know anything about Bob Lange's original plastic vises for the feet. Lange is now owned by Rossignol. While we're at it, K2 is owned by Jarden out of New York, owners of Oster, Ball canning jars, Marker bindings, Volkl, more. Head, of course, is a Dutch company owned by a Swede who lives in London.)
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Re: Boots, boots, and more boots

Postby ToddW » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Jay is in your corner of the world. Why not enlist his aid in selecting, dialing in, and aligning new boots. He's one of the world's very top at this.
ToddW

Re: Boots, boots, and more boots

Postby Max_501 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Ken, what has changed with the Dobbie that has made you decide to replace them?
Max_501

Return to Gear