Ski similar to the Head i supershape speed/mya 7

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Ski similar to the Head i supershape speed/mya 7

Postby Radiater » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 am

Hello All,

I have been skiing in the east for 4 seasons and am a relatively fit in my mid 40s. I have been told I am an intermediate to advanced skier. Just recently discovered PMTS and have ordered the book/DVD combos.

Currently have Lange RX100 boots and Atomic Nomad Whiteout skis 164cm length 79 mm width.

I have seen Mr. Harbs recommendations for skis to learn to carve properly. However I would prefer to find a used or demo ski and haven't had much luck.

So I have found the Fischer RC4 Superrace SC and it has very similar specs to the Head iSupershape Speed. The Atomic Redster Doubledeck SL also is similar. I have found a good deal on the Fischer RC4 and would like to know if you PMTS experts think this would be a reasonable substitute for the Head.

Thank you.
Radiater

Re: Ski similar to the Head i supershape speed/mya 7

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 am

The Superrace SC is a good ski for learning. It is a step down from the RC4 WC SC and two steps down from the full blown RC4 WC SL. It is a soft version of their SC, and should make for a very good learning ski. In the absence of a Supershape or TT80, I think this will be a good choice for you.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Radiater » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 am

Thanks HS
Radiater

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 am

Radiater wrote:Thanks HS

No problem. Welcome to PMTS. Keep us posted on your progress. The MA forum here is a great resource for building proper movements and staying sharp between camps.

Cheers.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Radiater » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 am

I have been avidly reading the posts here on the forums and I am waiting for my instructional materials to arrive. It's a shame I did not discover PMTS 2 weeks ago when I was in Aspen... :mrgreen:
Radiater

Return to Gear