Head skis center mounting point

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head skis center mounting point

Postby lukezhang » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Just got a brand new pair of Head supershape i.speed with system binding. I am trying to set up my boots in the center but cannot find the manufacture center marker on the skis. Any suggestion on how to find the center mounting position?
lukezhang

Re: Head skis center mounting point

Postby h.harb » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Test!
h.harb

Postby lukezhang » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes, I know test is going to work but it might take some time. I have attached two pictures. The first one has two marks on the mounting plate. I think neither is manufacture mark. The second picture has my boot midsole. Currently I feel a little bit back seater. Should I move forward a little?

and Image
lukezhang

Postby JMD » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:29 am

Hello Luke. With the powerrail plate factory installed your boot is centered over the center mark simply by using the posted boot length marks. Many of us like to experiment with the center mount point to locate your best balance point. This is done by sliding the boots forward or back the same number of notches on the toe/heel. Each notch with the powerrail plate equals 4mm.
JMD

Postby lukezhang » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 am

Thanks, I will try it next time on the slope. Any idea on what happens if it is too forward or too back? I just want to understand the reference point.
lukezhang

Return to Gear