Mounting Point For Women’s Skis Used By Men

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Mounting Point For Women’s Skis Used By Men

Postby Houdini » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Does anyone know whether, generally speaking, bindings should be mounted somewhere other than the factory mark for a woman’s ski that will be used by a man?

Specifically, I am purchasing a 2014 Head Mya No. 7 (a woman’s ski recommended by Harald for smaller, lighter men) in a 163 cm length. I am 5’7” and 143 lbs.
Should I have the bindings fitted to the factory mark, or should I have them fitted forward or rear of the mark, and if so, by how much?

Many thanks for your guidance.

Houdini
Houdini

Re: Mounting Point For Women’s Skis Used By Men

Postby jbotti » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Those skis usually come with Head PRD bindings which are totally adjustable. Check to see what bindings the skis are coming with. If Head PRDs then it doesn't matter where they are initially set.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Houdini » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 pm

jbotti wrote:Those skis usually come with Head PRD bindings which are totally adjustable. Check to see what bindings the skis are coming with. If Head PRDs then it doesn't matter where they are initially set.

Thanks, j! Much appreciated.

Yes, the bindings are Head PRDs.
Houdini

Postby JMD » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 am

Hello Houdini. I ski with a small group of PMTS skiers in Summit County. I have a pair of Mya7s 170cm. Another partner has the 163cm length. After experimenting we have found, for us, that both lengths feel best at 1.2cms forward of center line. The beauty of the adjustable PRD bindings let you play with the mount point to find your favorite. JMD.
JMD

Postby Houdini » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 pm

JMD wrote:Hello Houdini. I ski with a small group of PMTS skiers in Summit County. I have a pair of Mya7s 170cm. Another partner has the 163cm length. After experimenting we have found, for us, that both lengths feel best at 1.2cms forward of center line. The beauty of the adjustable PRD bindings let you play with the mount point to find your favorite. JMD.

JMD,

Thanks so much for that info!

I will definitely try them at 1.2cm forward of the center line.

Happy skiing,

Houdini
Houdini

Return to Gear