Head MYA 7 -- thanks James

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head MYA 7 -- thanks James

Postby bowlhiker » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:26 am

My wife, the real smart one in the family, has been struggling. With the help of Hobbit, I figured out the reason why is she can't stop. Jeezus. We paid for ski lessons -- but she wasn't taught to stop! WTF kinda bs is that?

Once I figured out her big problem is that she can't stop, back to the bunny hill. Practiced hockey stops. Go left, stop. Go right, stop. Lather, rinse, repeat. Now she can stop.

I also got her some new skis, here:
http://www.head.com/ski/products/skis/women/mya-n-7/6027/?region=us

Many thanks to James from the Summit County Gang for turning me onto the MYA 7! She love's 'em. Big difference.

Yesterday we worked the whole day on stopping. She can stop now, big difference in her confidence. And with the new skis, she just thinks about tipping and they turn.

She's happy about it. Now that she can stop, skiing is starting to be fun. The skis make it really easy to turn.

If Vail is reading this, no money is changing hands. Nada. My compensation "comes" when we download on the gondola. :D

Thanks again, James!
bowlhiker

Re: Head MYA 7 -- thanks James

Postby JMD » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:57 am

Hello Paul. Really glad she is enjoying the new Mya7s. Harold has been highly recommending this ski for many women and lighter men. I demoed a pair and finally found a pair in 170cm length. They will be my daily front-side ski. JMD.
JMD

Return to Gear