top sheet peel off

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

top sheet peel off

Postby david759a » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:07 pm

I bought a pair of isupershape last year. And the top metal sheet started to peel off after several skiing days. I glued it back at that time. This year one side of the top metal sheet which didnt peel off last year started to peel off.... :shock: Is this normal for head's products? will it affect the performance of the ski? Should I consider to buy a new one or just glue the sheet back again? Thanks.
david759a

Re: top sheet peel off

Postby seskelson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:10 pm

You might try your local dealer or even call Head (they did direct me back to the dealer to go thru). I have had this happen with a couple of pairs of Heads - particularly in the early days of the Moster line. They treated it as a delamination and I got a new pair. Very good service.
seskelson

Postby david759a » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I called them. But they told me that as the ski was purchased from ebay, the ski is no longer covered by the warranty and they would not repair or exchange the ski for me................
david759a

Postby Mac » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:44 am

How long ago was the ski purchased? Was it new when you bought them? Did you buy it from a private party? Buying skis on line is nothing new these days, one shop in Maine told me that 90% of their business is over the internet. So telling you that they won't warranty them because you bought them on line is BS. And Head did have their fair share of delamination problems. But if you bought them used from a private seller, then all bets are off.
Mac

Postby Mikey B » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 am

If you did buy from a private seller, and Head will not honor any warranty...buy some epoxy and set tight using a clamp. My SS started to delam in one spot after 2 seasons...I epoxied using a clamp, and let it set well. I have not had a problem since. I have done this in the past with other skis that were past any kind of warranty. It works well.
Mike
Mikey B

Return to Gear