question for HH re Xenon 7.0 - help please?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

question for HH re Xenon 7.0 - help please?

Postby joeag » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:11 pm

I read your Feb 2007 review of the Xenon 7.0 and 9.0 and also the Magnum. You didn't update your report on the 9.0 for the production version. I am trying to decide between 7.0, 9.0 and Magnum.

I was able to demo the 9.0 (in a 170 cm) but not the 7.0 or SS Magnum. I liked the 9.0 but felt that at higher speeds it would be a bit too skittish. I certainly enjoyed the easy turn initiation (very easy to tip) and the ski carved cleanly, also liked the lower weight and it was very nimble in the bumps (mostly skidded turns in the bumps for me right now).

I am 6-2, 225 lbs, 44 years old, skiing 30 years and working on PMTS for the last couple years with good success (just bought Essentials). Mostly ski at Mammoth Mountain in CA, all parts of the mountain. I am also building a "quiver" so don't need an "all mountain" ski, I really want something to help work on my PMTS techniques and BPSRT and take the BPSRT to all parts of the mountain.

Nobody I talk to seems to think the 7.0 is a good idea, but your review was so glowing I wanted to get it straight from you!

Also, Chris Brown recommended the Magnum in an email yesterday.

Thanks!
joeag

Return to Gear