Head Xenon Xi 7.0 skis are FUN

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Head Xenon Xi 7.0 skis are FUN

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 am

:D :D :D :D :D

My new Head Xenon 7 skis are FUN. Thanks to H & D for recommending them so strongly. Their grip on hardpack is surprisingly good, and they're the most versatile skis I've been on in soft snow, including ankle deep so far, and on the bumps that are beginning to form. And, they're light. And, they don't cost a lot. As said before, they're cap skis that ski like sandwich skis, and they're 73mm wide underfoot that ski like narrower skis.

Anyone want to buy some gently used Supershapes? They're still great, they're now my 2nd favorite skis, and way too good to become rock skis.

[url=http://www.head.com/ski/products.php?region=us&tag=multi_conditions&id=914[/url]
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Tuomo » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Interesting... Why did you buy new Xenon skis if you already had Supershapes? What makes them so much better?

I've been thinking about buying Supershape Magnums. Have you skied with Magnums? Can you compare Magnum against Xenon?
Tuomo

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:05 am

ARE THE SUPERSHAPES STILL AVAILABLE ? IF SO PM ME SOME MORE INFO
Dan

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Every ski has a performance floor and a performance ceiling. For example, I wouldn't put my wife, a green and light-blue run skier, on even 155 cm SuperShapes. The performance floor is too high for her. (She really likes the XRC800s.)

The Xenon 7.0 seem to me to have a performance ceiling nearly as high as the SuperShapes and a performance floor reaching lower than the SS. They are very versatile. The SS are the skis for the higher energy skier who skis fast, or carves hard, or needs max control on ice or frozen crud (I decided to keep mine). Xenon 7.0 are great fun on everything this medium energy skier has tried, including hard pack, soft pack, and knee deep powder. I smoothly carve every turn on steep blue runs at the local area. I've loaned them to another good skier who needs new skis, and he came back with huge smile.

I believe the SS Magnums are a stouter ski than the original SS. I ski the SS and the Xenon in 170...I'm 6', 200#. I tried some Magnum 177s, and they took me for a ride; too much ski for me. I know, poor practice to change two parameters, different model and different size, but that's my only experience with the Magnums. Jay Peterson likes the Magnums, but they haven't gotten rave reviews from H&D like the SS and Xenon-7 got.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Ken wrote:Every ski has a performance floor and a performance ceiling. For example, I wouldn't put my wife, a green and light-blue run skier, on even 155 cm SuperShapes. The performance floor is too high for her. (She really likes the XRC800s.)

The Xenon 7.0 seem to me to have a performance ceiling nearly as high as the SuperShapes and a performance floor reaching lower than the SS. They are very versatile. The SS are the skis for the higher energy skier who skis fast, or carves hard, or needs max control on ice or frozen crud (I decided to keep mine). Xenon 7.0 are great fun on everything this medium energy skier has tried, including hard pack, soft pack, and knee deep powder. I smoothly carve every turn on steep blue runs at the local area. I've loaned them to another good skier who needs new skis, and he came back with huge smile.

I believe the SS Magnums are a stouter ski than the original SS. I skied the SS and the Xenon in 170...I'm 6', 200#. I tried some Magnum 177s, and they took me for a ride; too much ski for me. I know, poor practice to change two parameters, different model and different size, but that's my only experience with the Magnums. Jay Peterson likes the Magnums, but they haven't gotten rave reviews from H&D like the SS and Xenon-7 got.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Tuomo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks for your reply.
My friend just bought SS Magnums 170cm. I hope I can demo them soon.

Tuomo
Tuomo

Postby joeag » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:45 am

I wanted to demo the 7.0's but could only try the 9.0's. I liked them, and posted a review in this forum. Anyone who has tried both and can compare, I would really appreciate that info!
joeag

Return to Gear