Boot Gloves

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Boot Gloves

Postby MonsterMan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:23 pm

anyone used these? any alternative brands?

I thought i'd seen a post somewhere but can't find it with a search.

Thanks

Geoff
MonsterMan

Postby Icanski » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 am

HI,
I first used the Danzat warmer which worked well but got cut up in the instep side. Last season I used the Boot Glove which has a bit of tough material on the instep. Both work well. If put on inside before you go out to ski, for me, they keep my feet warmer and comfortable much longer than if I hadn't used them. My feet still get cold eventually, but if I change socks and warm up at lunch I'm fine.
Now I was wearing Langes at the time, so that made a difference. In the spring I got my new Head boots, which have made a huge difference, especially after getting fitted and aligned by Chris at the Harb shop. These boots don't hurt, are comfortable and warm.
Now I will see how they fare in the colder winter months up here, but if chilly, I'll just throw on the Boot Gloves and I'll be fine.
So bottom line: they do help. And given the difference between the cost of these vs. in boot heaters: they are an economical way to keep your feet warmer.
Icanski
Icanski

Postby Ron » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:14 am

I have Atomic RT, TI's so they are paper thin. They are total gaper but who cares on a cold day :) I put in Hotronic M4's for this season. They are very good. They are a new design. Very thin wire and pad, no impact on fit. Battery life is excellent and easy to recharge, no need to drain first. (No battery memory). Check them out.
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm

:D Boot gloves.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Icanski » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:31 pm

I talked with the boot glove rep here and if I could get a certain number of them sold to our instructors, I got a free pair.
Well, lots of our team didn't mind having cold feet. I just made the cutoff and got a set, but it was more work than worth it. Next time, I'll just buy them, and let the others stay cold. :twisted:
Our season here is too short to warrant the in boot heaters so the gloves do well, and given the amount of rain lately, the neoprene boot gloves work like a scuba suit for my boots as well :D
John
Icanski

Return to Gear