Goggles for low light

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Postby rlspalding » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 am

I had a pair of Smith amber goggles (key word had) actually, they are technically still in my goggles case. I was in Vail in December and it was overcast most of the days we skied and I had a really hard time seeing any contours with the amber..it was on the dangerous side and very scary. I even found myself in some little bumps on a blue run...by "found" I mean I pretty much got launched before I even knew there were any moguls there! I finally ended up going to a shop and got the Smith Prodigy Turbo Fan with the mirrored sensor lens...They seem to pick up on the contours way better then the amber did. I'll have to try the yellow sometime...unfortunately most shops I looked at in Vail didnt carry any spare lenses, you had to buy the entire goggle!

Anyways, I have those and I bought the polarized Habervision goggles after http://www.skinet.com had been putting them up on their site. If you go through the skinet website you get them for 1/2 off. Habervision is now run by the guy who started Bolle apparently, so I figured for 50% off, Id try them. I really like them a lot and I probably wont get any other ones for bright light.
rlspalding

Previous

Return to Gear