Help - looking for wide boots

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Help - looking for wide boots

Postby Brendan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on the hunt for new boots. Head website support is reccomending the S 13 which they say is exactly the same boot as the RS 110. I am wondering if this boot will be too stiff for me???

Here's my specs - am 5?11, 160 pounds, a good all mountain skier (strong advanced, not quite expert, except when it all comes
together) and have practiced PMTS out of the book. I just bought WC super shapes in a 170, so love carving but also have IM82 so love the all mountain thing too.

I have very big feet ? duck shaped, wide across the toes my shoe size is US 12. Also my second toe is longer than my big toe.

My boot size ? I have only tried the head S 10 (shell fit, without the liner) in the 28.5 there was one index finger width (three quarters of an inch approx) between the heel and the back of the boot. The sole length of this boot was 327mm.

My questions - so far my research has told me that the S series could be the best boot. Which one - S11, S12 or S13 ?? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks

Brendan
Brendan

Postby Narrowfeet » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:53 am

If you want to find a bargain, look on eBay for the Head Ti M103. I have E and EE feet and they are a nice fit.
Narrowfeet

Postby Brendan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info - appreciate it and will check

Brendan
Brendan

Return to Gear