supershape wear

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

supershape wear

Postby Icanski » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi,
After skiing the Supershapes for little more than a week, they have delaminated at the tail. These are the 165 current skis. I'll see what happens next. Should be under warranty.
I do love the way they ski, they're just outstanding, but I know that's the general opinion of them here. So keep an eye on your tails and see how they hold up.
Icanski
Icanski

Postby Icanski » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm told Head will warranty the skis. I think what happened is that while working with another instructor, I stopped to move some pylons and we took off our skis, clapped them together and stuck them into a snow bank. I guess that when the skis slid into the snow, they delaminated. You can stick a business card into the gap on the tail. So be careful not to jam them into the snow. Kind fo tricky if you lose a ski in powder and put them in the snow to click in...
perhaps they need to put a little cap on the tail like on the tips...
It's sure disappointing. I've never had anything like this happen with skis...other warranty issues, but not the ski delaminating.
anyone else had a problem?
Icanski
Icanski

Postby Icanski » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi,
SCSA you're right. I took them to the nearest Head dealer, who also knows my Head rep, and he took my bindings off and put them on a brand new pair, and is tuning them up for me. Great service! Not at all like my experience with Stockli.
the tail ended up delaminating about enough to slip a whole business card under. the bottom layers have a steel sort of cap but the tip two layers dont, that's where they came apart. I'm still surprised by it. Don't stick you ski tails down in the snow...
John
Icanski

Return to Gear