DynaStar SZ14 Question

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

DynaStar SZ14 Question

Postby apache67 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am

Hey Guys,

It seems that the Dynastar SZ 14 with the Look bindings + Lange boots are not a good combo (from my readings here).

The skis have the factory race plates installed. What's involved with swapping the plates out for the Tyrolia power rail (PRD binding)? My SuperShapes have this system. Is there a lot involved and would the ski be compromised going from one plate to an entirely different one? IOTWs, can most competent ski shops do the work?

TIA!
G
apache67

Re: DynaStar SZ14 Question

Postby JMD » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:55 am

The Speedzone 14 is a great ski. The factory mounted race plate can be easily removed and a PRD Powerail Plate installed. The new PR plate will need to be mounted 10 mm forward of center line because of hole overlap. Easily adjustable for fore/aft. I liked the bindings mounted slightly forward personally. The SZ14 Ski with the PRD Binding should ski more like the slightly softer flexing Speedzone12. This is because the stiffer race plate is replaced with the Powerail Plate. Enjoy.
JMD

Re: DynaStar SZ14 Question

Postby apache67 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:43 am

JMD wrote:The Speedzone 14 is a great ski. The factory mounted race plate can be easily removed and a PRD Powerail Plate installed. The new PR plate will need to be mounted 10 mm forward of center line because of hole overlap. Easily adjustable for fore/aft. I liked the bindings mounted slightly forward personally. The SZ14 Ski with the PRD Binding should ski more like the slightly softer flexing Speedzone12. This is because the stiffer race plate is replaced with the Powerail Plate. Enjoy.

Thanks! Especially good to know where to anchor the PR plate! 8)
apache67

Return to Gear